Yoga for Social Change
Time & Location
About the Event
This workshop theme is AHIMSA (non-violence).
Together, we will look closely at how our individual yoga practices contribute to the HARMING and NON-HARMING of self and others.
1. Discuss the yoga philosophy of AHIMSA and how it relates to social justice.
2. Learn tools to embody AHIMSA both on and off the mat, including:
- Breathing exercises to navigate conflicts and stress
- Non-Violent Communication (NVC) (NVC is a powerful tool for courageous and compassionate conversations and was developed by Marshall Rosenberg.)
- Immediate ways to practice AHIMSA daily
3. Create personal action plans to cultivate AHIMSA in each of our lives
Pre-work will require reading two short articles on the topics to be explored.
The articles will be emailed after registration.
For class, please have a journal, writing utensil, and if you like, the pre-work articles (for reference). The workshop will include meditation, so please have whatever props you like to enjoy a comfortable posture.
The Zoom workshop will open 5 min prior to the class start time.
Students will not be admitted late due to the nature of the workshop's content.
- Single Workshop$20+$0.50 Service fee$20+$0.50 Service fee0$0